Sunday, November 19, 2006

Wal-Mart and Nintedo's Wii

Yesterday I went to the Kewanee [Illinois] Wal-Mart. I arrived at 5:15pm and was number 19 according to how many people in line. (This is the most important part of why I am so pissed.) Ok, I was told by other Wal-Mart's you can only buy ONE Nintendo Wii per household. I was also told, due to curfew issues, people under the age of 16 had to be accompanied by an adult. Then, I was told those people were one person and could ONLY get one. I was even told that they WILL NOT sell the system to anyone who leaves the line for more than 10 minutes per 90 mintues. First off, I thought the rules were REALLY fucked up... I was not even in line yet. I decided to get in line any ways.

Again I arrived at 5:15pm. AT NO POINT DID WAL-MART MANAGEMENT COME OUT AND ADDRESS THE CROWD!!! People were leaving the line ALL THE FUCKIN TIME!!! Here is what REALLY pisses me off. A group of people, who were not even there all the time, bought 8 Wii's. Huh, they left together and their kids EACH bought a Wii. I would say something about this group, but then people would think I am racist. Hmmm... Where was Wal-Mart's management team then? It seems to me that Wal-Mart just doesn't give a fuck about there customer's.

I know I wrote a paper on why Wal-Mart is the devil in college. I should actually try to get it published now. I can even add in the part about how Wal-Mart's management team thinks EVERYONE is below them. I just cannot type these words right now... I will update with an audio post later...

***UPDATE***
I wanted to let everyone know that my brother DID get a Wii at Walmart. I am VERY happy he, at least, was able to purchase a system. I was only 3 behind him...

A very pissed off,
Andrew

No comments: