Thursday, June 30, 2005

Finally After 10 Years...

After 10 long ass years, I am finally done with the theater business. I cannot believe I even lasted this long. I started back when I was 16 changing the Marquee and misc. work around the Wanee Cinemas. I worked at that theatre until 98. I went to work at Marcus Cinemas while attending DeVry. I still worked at the Wanee during 98. When I came back for good, I started back at the Wanee and became an ass manager.

In 2000, I was going around and working at other theaters in the area. In October 2000, I made a decision to become a full time manager in GKC. I trained in Bloomington, IL and then moved to DeKalb, IL. I was in Dekalb until July 2003, when I left to pursue other options.

While I was looking for other options, I was approached by the same two who got me into the theater business. Bud needed someone to run the Apollo in Princeton, IL. I worked there from August til Novemeber 2003. I worked for Kerasotes Theaters, LLC from November 2003 - June 2005.

I have had a long journey with the theater business. What do I say to any one who wants to be in the theater business? DO NOT DO IT!!! I have missed birthdays, holidays, births, deaths, and parties. I would tell everyone to stay away from the business completely. I lost a lot of friends and yes I have gained a bunch. I would seriously suggest to any one who wants to become a manager to think about it. If you want to ask me any question, please email me. I will come back and talk about this business at a later date. Good Nioooooooooght to all!!!

Andrew

No comments: