Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Our Cat, Misty [18 years old]

First off, I would like to explain that I am NOT a cat lover. I do not like cats... But there was something different about this cat... Please read on.

Today I got the call I did not want to hear. Misty, our cat of 18 years, pasted away this morning. As much as I want to be sad, I cannot shed a tear... The last 4 months have been REALLY hard on her and it was her time. I keep on thinking the reason she died was my fault... See, I have been coming home every week and spending time with her. I have been coming home to watch football for 14 weeks. I only missed one week since the beginning of the season. Most of the time, I spent sleeping at my parents' place with Misty. I want to say it's my fault, but it is not.

Aaron is the last to leave my parents' house... [Aaron graduated, Beth got married, and I got married.] The three of us moved on with our lives. Now our last childhood pet, will not be there when Aaron, Beth, and myself come to visit. I still have issues not seeing Max [our dog November '00] meeting me at the door. I know now that everytime I come to visit my parents', it will be different not seeing the ONLY cat I ever liked. Misty was also the only cat that Heather [my wife] ever liked.

Through 18 years, we never had problems with our loving cat Misty. Now I must shed some tears, because I will never find a better pet than Misty. Today is supposed to be a good day and I will make sure it is.

Misty; our favorite cat May 19th, 1987 to December 20th, 2005

Andrew

No comments: