Wednesday, July 05, 2006

XBox 360 Bad Hardware?

taken from: Magamanlive.com

OK as the title just read:
I have had my Xbox360 since launch. After 3 months I needed to have the system replaced and the system was replaced by Microsoft. Now the system is plagued by 3 rings of light. I call customer support and after being hung up I make sure to fire up the phone recorder; AUDIO with XBOX Support

Now the call is long but within the last five mins or so they supervisor walks me through a diagnostic test which he says is a hardware issue. Now inorder for me to use my XBOX360 I must ship it out and pay 100 dollars.

I cherish my systems and not a single one has been broken, my NES still works. Microsoft should be held responsible for these hardware issues and should not be charging gamers like myself extra money on fixing defective hardware.

I will not pay for somthing i did not break and everyone else should join this fight.

I will continue with updates including a shorter version of hte phone conversation so you don’t have to listen to the whole thing

**update 1** SO far this is getting some response on Digg thank you, now I got the end of the phone conversation edited down where the Rep admits “It is somthing specific with the hardware inside the console” Here is the link

Also I might have to move this to my blog since the godaddy.com site might max out.
**Update 2** I have now filed a complaint with the BBB, I have also tried to contact Microsoft reps. and will need to fax Robbie Bach the VP of the XBOX Divison in the morning.

**Update 3** Thank you for the support. I need to clear a few things up. First off I know the chain of command I spoke to two CSR’s before the CSR supervisor who told me the tests show “specific defective hardware” listen ot the shorter audio version. Two as far as dropping names and press, I am press I do internet radio I report on the industry weekly, I have the first amendment right, of freedom of speech and I will use my avenues to show people that Microsoft is really screwing over the consumer. As far as Larry Hyrb(major Nelson) I have emailed back and forth and talked with him, and I know he gets my emails and I right out told him in the email that this is not meant for him and that I would be very happy if he could foward it along to the correct people.
And I stand by my feelings that any product shouldn’t need to be replaced or repaired every 3-6 months, thats not right, and I wouldn’t be mounting this campaign if I was at fault but I treat my systems and other electronics very well and if this was my fault cuase I dropped it or did somthing to it then I would have no problem being a man and owning up to it.
Thanks again, and if this site crashes due to bandwidth which it might all this will be mirrored on my blog even though I never really use it.

**Update 4** Microsoft is now censoring my thread on the XBOX forums. I had a thread posted with this issue, with 4 pages of replys some peopel dissagreeing with me but many agreeing that Microsoft is wrong and should be replacing our broken systems.

taken from: Magamanlive.com

I hope my system does not goto shit like this guys.

Andrew

No comments: