Saturday, January 14, 2006

I got a New Phone

After dealing with my stupid phone for the last 2 months, I was sick of it. I called around the last few days about certain phones. I really wanted to get the Treo 650, but it did not have windows mobile or flash. I saw the price tag was $300-$500. Fuck that... I would not pay that much for a phone. I looked around the internet and found two rebates: $200 and $50. The only problem I had was the rebate ended today. I decided to make the trip to Peoria,IL and get the phone and shit. Not only did our plan go down, but I got the phone at the price I wanted. Granted, I had to put up a good chunk of cash, but I will receive the rebates in 4 weeks.

I really like the phone so far, I just would not want to be known as the gadget guy. In the last 9 months, I got a Laptop, iPod Nano, iPod Video, and Treo 650. I also bought Heather a car and we bought a couch and a desk. Now, we only spent $350, but it seems like much, much more. Here is how much everything has cost me/us:

Laptop - $0.00 [was $1450, but I paid it off with a car loan...]
iPod Nano - $65.00 [We got the shuffle, but wanted an upgrade]
iPod Video - $0.00 [Thank You for winning Week 16 in Pick 'em]
Treo 650 - $73.00 [I got $250 in Rebates]
2000 Jeep - $13,500 [$303.15 for 48 months; this includes my laptop and all of my debts]
Couch - $165 [We got a gift certificate from our wedding]
Desk - $145 [I have been putting this off for 3 years. It needed to get done]

So the only real thing I bought recently was the 2000 Jeep. Heather needed a car and I was able to pay off all my debts. DEBT FREE, except for the car loan. As you see, I really have not been spending LOTS of cash. Some is just luck and some is just cheap! Now if I bought a $3000 LCD TV, I would HOPE my friends would be like, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING??? I wish I could buy a TV, but I know that will not happen for another 3 years.

Andrew

No comments: