Monday, September 11, 2006

Modding your XBox

Over the last few days I have been installing a modchip into my XBox. I had some issues with shipping, but that is not a big deal. I installed the chip with ease and should of had the entire project done in 25 minutes... TOPS! I cannot wait to do another one. Around 11:30am on Monday, I spent the next 8 hours trying to get the fuckin bios to work... Around 8:45pm, I found out the bios I downloaded was not good. I had to go do the ole IRC bullshit. I got the file and BAM!; ROX my BOX.

So why am I talking about this? I was VERY upset and no one could help me. I spent the better part of the day doing nothing. If any one has questions, I will answer some of them.

Now, I can play Halo 2, Madden 07, and more on the fly. PLUS, I can run DVD's. I can also stream movies (divx, xvid, avi, etc..) and music without a media center pc. Even when I do get a media center pc, I can then stream content from my XBox 360 and my XBox. One up stairs and one down stairs.

Can I play on XBox Live? Yes. I am using another one of my names and played Halo 2 for an hour. I am able to completely disable the mod chip. I just wish I could play the games from the hard drive on XBox Live.

I hope that you have a better time modding your XBox. I had some trouble, but I was able to use some of my smarts to work through the issues.

Andrew

No comments: