Monday, November 22, 2004

The End of an Era...

I was told that GKC Theatres (I used to work for them) was bought out by Marcus Cinemas. I always wondered if Beth would stay with the company. I did not think she would bail out so quickly. I really do not want to say anything bad about her, but I wish she would have tried to sell the company internally. If I was in her situation though, I would have sold the company to the highest bidder and called it a day.

I had a lot of fun working for them, but I knew this would come. Before I left the company, I felt that something was not right. I could not explain it, but I knew it was there. I mean I left GKC for a bunch of reasons, but I think that was the BIG one. I have missed working for the easiest operating chain, but I wish Kerasotes would have bought them. You see, GKC and Kerasotes was one chain. They broke around 85 or 86. I will say that it would have been awesome to get the theaters back to one company.

One more thing... Do you think any of the Mangers know about the purchase by Marcus? I doubt it. Alright check this out... GKC will not tell any of the Managers until they find out from rumors and/or the news... How fucked up it that?!? Should I tell someone from there? Not my business anymore. How weird is that?

Andrew

No comments: